Information about money, work and COVID-19

Mother and father holding their baby together

Find the latest guidance for parents about money, work and COVID-19.

Where can I get support?

I have a baby who was born premature or sick and my work or finances are being affected by COVID-19.

Currently, there is no government support specifically for families of premature and sick babies in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

If you live in Scotland, you may be able to reclaim travel and food costs while your baby is in neonatal care, through the Young Patients Family Fund. Find information and eligibility about claiming some money back.

Other useful organisations

Citizens Advice have more information about what to do if you are worried about working, and your rights at work.

Working Families have more information about your work rights during COVID-19.

The government websites for each region of the UK has more information about support for people financially affected by COVID-19. There is information for people who live in:

Mind has lots of information if you are feeling anxious or worried about COVID-19, and has guidance on how to take care of your mental wellbeing.

We have tried to answer some common questions here and we are updating this page as more information becomes available. For more support, get in touch at

Last updated: 1st April 2022