Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide in order to use services via our website (the "Website")
- If we ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, the contact details you provide to us, although you have the option to opt-out of such use
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website
- Your payment card details, which are required in order to make a secure online donation
- Details of your use of the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access
- Any content that you submit to message boards, forums or any other publicly accessible area of the Website
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence
If you are providing us with personal information about any other person, you confirm that you have obtained his or her consent and made him or her aware of this policy before providing the information to us.
We may collect information about your device including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed by our payment handler partner companies and encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To provide you with information that we feel may interest you
We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were previously provided to you.
If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, to our service providers, to Government bodies and other authorities to whom we are legally obliged to pass your data and to relevant third parties for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking/unticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to: email@example.com or Bliss, 2nd Floor, Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London SE1 3JW.
Our Website contains links to and from the websites of our principals, suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these third party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your personal data
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“subject access right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to: Rachel Hedley, Supporter Engagement Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bliss, 2nd Floor, Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London SE1 3JW, and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of any personal data we hold about you.
You can also view our Data Protection Policy