When you choose to fundraise for Bliss, we will do our best to ensure you have a brilliant time and that you can get the most from your experience supporting us. See below for some of our top tips for fundraising, whether you are doing a run, a cake sale or your own event, we hope you will find these useful.
- JustGiving and Virgin Money Giving are two of the most popular websites to use.
- They are really quick to set up so you can start collecting donations straight away.
- Include your story and photos to show your relation to the cause.
- If it is personal your fundraising becomes more relatable.
“Writing a page summary is correlated with a 36% increase in page value” - JustGiving
- Open your page early to give yourself the maximum amount of time to reach your target.
- Set yourself a target to encourage those donations and get a huge sense of satisfaction when you reach it.
“Setting a target donation amount can lead to a 45% increase in page value”- JustGiving
- Approach the person you think will sponsor you the most first to set a precedent.
- Use JustGiving text codes if using their service for your fundraising. Easy to set up and easy to use.
- Talking about it! Share with family, friends and colleagues and add to your email signature.
- Donations often come in after the event.
- Contact your local press with your story and information about your event. Don’t forget to include the link. Email email@example.com for further support.
- Apply for some collection tins to place in the local community or use one yourself to collect spare change.
- Bliss can provide you with sponsorship forms to collect money offline if you need.
- Ask us for one of our fundraising packs with plenty of tools and tips to promote and boost fundraising.
We want to know about your fundraising so we can help. Email the events team by clicking the button below or call 020 7378 4775.