Helpline 0808 801 0322


Delaying school entry in the rest of the UK

Delaying school entry across the UK
There is no standard School Admissions code across the whole of the UK - it varies between each nation. This section aims to explain your rights based on where you live, and will be kept up to date as changes are made.

It is important to note that if you secure a delayed entry for your child in one country but move to another country within the UK, you will not be able to carry the delay with you. You will have to re-apply for your child to delay to your new Admission Authority under the rules of the country you now live in.

See the following pages for details:


Help us by sharing this post
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • Tweet this
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • Google
  • LinkedIn