Embedding the Bliss Baby Charter principles across your unit requires someone to take responsibility for its delivery. The audit lead should have good knowledge and experience of neonatal care.
They will support the project at each stage by:
- Organising team meetings and facilitating discussions.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress.
- Sharing updates with their Bliss contact.
The audit lead should be supported by a multi-disciplinary team with experience of neonatal care. Some accredited units have found it helpful to assign team members to be responsible for an individual principle.
Your team may include:
- Speech and language therapists
- Bliss volunteers
This can be done in a variety of ways depending on what works best for your unit. You might consider:
- Direct involvement in the audit team
- A questionnaire
- A suggestion box
- A discharge survey
- A notice board
- The picker survey