We are committed to ensuring that neonatal units across the country are assessed and evaluated consistently and fairly as part of their involvement in the Bliss baby charter.
Bliss volunteer assessors, made up of Healthcare professional assessors and Parent assessors, help us achieve this.
Volunteer assessors support Bliss with the assessment visits of units that have completed the Baby charter audit cycle.
- Bliss Healthcare professional assessors evaluate the overall provision of family - centred care by a neonatal unit, with reference to the unit's baby charter audit and evidence provided.
- Bliss parent assessors interview parents on neonatal units, which are completing the Bliss baby charter assessment, to assess their experience of the care they have received throughout their neonatal journey.
For more information please refer to our volunteer role descriptions:
- Learning and development opportunities - you will be fully trained and inducted for your role at one of our volunteer assessor training days
- Reimbursement of expenses - we will cover reasonable expenses incurred through your role in accordance with our expenses policy
- Recognition for your support - you will receive an invite to our annual Thank You event
- Ongoing support from your Bliss contact
The role operates on an ad-hoc basis depending on the number of assessment visits we have and where these visits are taking place.
An assessment visit can take up to two hours (excluding travel) and there will be some time added to this for write ups and recommendations after the visit.
If you are interested in the role, please complete and submit an application form to us: Volunteer assessor application form.
If you would like more information please get in touch at email@example.com