If you are thinking of raising money for Bliss at your school, take a look at our top tips on how you can make it a big success.
Choose your fundraising activity
Put on a performance or a show
- This could be a talent show, disco, pantomime or a film night.
- Ask pupils or ‘superstar’ teachers to showcase their hidden talents.
- Sell tickets for the show and hold a raffle.
Have a bake sale
- Bake various cakes and sell them to students and teachers at the school.
- You can also host a competition and crown the ‘star baker’.
- Have a junior and senior bake off challenge.
Hold a non-uniform day
- Charge students a small fee.
- You can set a theme such as children’s characters or pyjama day.
- Offer a prize for the best outfit.
- Sponsor a teacher or student for a sponsored silence or readathon.
- Participate in sport challenges such as running, swimming, walking or cycling.
- Staff, governors, parents and pupils may want to enter.
Get as many people as you can involved
Think of ways you can get lots of different people connected with the school involved. You could:
- Try to gather parents, grandparents, students, teachers as well as the local community together.
- Encourage the school council, PTA and governors to come up with fundraising ideas or help your ideas.
- Approach local businesses and ask them if they are willing to donate any prizes.
- Ask if local businesses are interested in sponsoring any of your fundraising events.
- See if local businesses could help promote your event as well.
Pick a location
- School hall – the ideal location to run your fundraising event.
- Ask if you can use your local athletics centre or swimming pool.
- Ensure that you do not ask strangers for sponsorship.
- Food hygiene - work to the standard rules.
- Health – ensure that your event has necessary first aid cover.
- Raffles – see more information here.
- Using the Bliss logo – ensure that you use our registered charity number alongside our logo on any posters.
Additional hints and tips
- Run a competition to decide which poster is the best to publicise your fundraising event.
- Set a target; inform people how much you are planning to raise.
- Tell people why you are holding the event and why you are fundraising for Bliss.
- Collect your sponsorship immediately – it may be worthwhile setting up an online giving page too.
If you would like more inforamtion about fundraising at school, click the button below to email the Bliss Events Team or call us on 020 7378 4775. We can provide you with all you need to make your fundraising a success.