Our Website includes a wide range of information and services about neonatal care. The Website is constantly reviewed and refreshed as we seek to provide you with the most up to date information. Access to our Website is permitted at our discretion on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw access to our Website at any time. We will not be liable to you in any way if our Website becomes unavailable. We restrict access to certain parts of our Website to users who have registered their details with us. You will need to register and log in as a member before you are able to use all of our Website. When using our Website (including any message boards or members’ areas), you must comply at all times with our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for ensuring that the member registration information you provide is true, accurate and updated regularly. Your password should be kept secret and you should not disclose it to anyone else. If you suspect someone has made or is making unauthorised use of your member information or password, you must contact us immediately. We will not be responsible for any losses that arise out of the unauthorised use of your account. We have the right to disable any member registration or password if, in our discretion, you have not complied with these terms and conditions.
We do not control any websites operated by third parties to which the Website may link. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, for the activities or operation of those Websites or the content or services they provide.
Intellectual Property Rights
We own or have the right to use all intellectual property rights in our Website and the content published or made available on our Website. Our Website and the content on it is subject to and protected by international copyright and intellectual property laws. All of our rights in and to the Website are reserved. Our Website is provided solely and expressly for your personal use. Where permission is expressly granted on our Website, you may print one copy or download certain materials. Our status and/or the status of any identified contributors as the owner of all content on our Website must always be acknowledged. You must not modify any permitted copies, whether in digital or tangible form. You must not use any content on our Website for any commercial purposes (other than as may be expressly permitted on the Website) without a licence to do so from us. No part of our Website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means (electrostatic, magnetic tape, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) without prior written permission from us and any relevant copyright holders. You must not edit, adapt or alter our Website in any way. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any user of our Website participating in or encouraging such unauthorised activities. No intellectual property rights are and shall not be deemed to be, transferred to any person who accesses the Website.
Reliance on our Website
All content on our Website is intended for your information only and is not intended to constitute advice on which you can rely. Although our Website is updated regularly, some content may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such content. We shall not be liable or responsible to you for any reliance you place on our Website or the content on it. You should always obtain professional advice before making any decision which is prompted by our Website or by information we have provided that may have legal or financial implications.
Uploading Content to our Website
Where features are provided that enable you to upload or post material to our Website, or to make contact with other members of the Website, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. If material does not (in our opinion) comply, we reserve the right to remove it. You shall indemnify us and keep us fully and effectively indemnified from and against any loss or damage we may suffer as a result of any claim from a third party concerning any material uploaded or posted by you. Any material you upload or post to our Website shall not be confidential. We shall be entitled to exploit such material by copying it, distributing it and communicating it to the public for any purpose. We retain the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any material uploaded or posted by you to our Website defames them or constitutes a violation of their rights (including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy). We shall not be liable for the content of any material uploaded or posted by you on our Website.
Misuse of our Website
You agree not to use our Website for the introduction of viruses, worms, trojan horses, spammers or any other destructive program code or material which may harm or affect the running of our Website or any underlying hardware or software. You must not attack our Website (for example, by instigating a ‘denial of service’ attack) or attempt to gain access to our Website or any underlying server, database or computer. Any breach of this term may result in you incurring liability under legislation (including the Computer Misuse Act 1990). We will report any such breach to the relevant authorities and will co-operate with such authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
You may link only to our home page at www.bliss.org.uk provided that such link is implemented in a fair and legal manner and does not seek to trade off or damage our reputation. You must not establish any link with our Website so as to suggest any endorsement, approval or association where one does not exist. You must not frame our Website or any part thereof on any other website. We may withdraw any permission to link to our Website as set out above without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Our Website may include links to Internet sites or resources operated by third parties. Any such sites or resources are not owned or operated by us and consequently, we are not responsible for their content or for any loss or damage you may suffer from using them.
The trade mark ‘Bliss’ and all related trade marks, trade names, logos or other marks of origin that appear on or in connection with the Website are our property. You agree not to copy, display or otherwise use any of these marks without our prior written permission.
Advertisements and Promotions
We may include advertisements or promotional materials on our Website. If you participate in any promotion, you will be subject to the terms and conditions attached to it. Your dealings with, or participation in promotions by, any third party on the Website are between you and the third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of any dealings with, or as the result of the presence of, such third parties on our Website.
We may, in our sole discretion, terminate our agreement with you pursuant to these terms and conditions or suspend your membership at any time without notice to you if you breach (or we have reason to suspect that you have breached) any part of these terms and conditions. If we terminate your membership, or prevent you accessing our Website, we shall have no liability or responsibility to you.
While every care has been taken in the collection and preparation of the information contained on this Website, we make no representation, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on it. You understand and agree that your use the Website at your own risk and that it is provided for your use without any guarantee, condition or warranty by us or our agents, employees, affiliates, licensors or partners. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law or statute;
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from or in connection with your use of the Website or any part of it, including any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business, profits or contracts
- loss of goodwill
- loss of data
- and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, and whether or not such loss or damage is foreseeable.
These terms and conditions and other documents referred to in them represent your entire agreement with us regarding your use of the Website. The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions and your use of the Website. By using the Website, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Without prejudice to the above paragraph, we expressly reserve our right to commence proceedings in the courts in any other territory.
If you have any queries regarding our Website or wish to report any material which appears on our Website, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable Use Policy
Use of Member Areas
We expect people who use our Website to behave in a polite, courteous and sensible way. Whilst member areas are not subject to moderation, we will check messageboards and other public areas from time to time to ensure that members comply with this policy.
You may not use our Website:
For illegal purposes or in any way that breaches any law or regulation;
- For the purposes of committing or participating in any fraudulent activity;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, receive, upload, download or exploit material which infringes another party’s intellectual property rights;
- To transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or other materials; or
- To transmit any data, information or material that contains any virus, trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, spyware or malware, adware or any other harmful data, computer program or code that may adversely affect the operation of the Website or any computer.
- You shall not access or interfere with any part of our Website, any equipment or network on which our Website is stored, or any software or network used in conjunction with or in the provision of our Website, without our prior written authority.
Use of Communal Areas
Where areas are provided for members to post or upload messages or material, you shall comply with the following standards as set out below. Your messages or materials must:
- Contain facts that are accurate and opinions that are genuinely held by you;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Your messages or materials must not:
Be defamatory or malicious towards another person;
- Include racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexually explicit or abusive content or any other content which discriminates or is otherwise socially unacceptable;
- Incite or promote violence or hatred (whether religious or otherwise) or include content which may disrupt, provoke, attack or offend other people;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party;
- Be designed to deceive people or impersonate a third party;
- Be made in breach of any duty to any third party, including a contractual duty or obligation of confidence;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another person’s privacy, harrass, upset, embarrass or annoy another person or cause needless anxiety;
- Include swear words;
- Include any information which may reveal personal details about you or another person or which may cause a danger to personal safety; or
- Give the impression that such material emanates from us.
To report any misuse of our Website or breach of this policy, please email us at: email@example.com