This course is the second level in the FINE curriculum.
The course is designed for any neonatal professional wishing to develop their own practice and become more influential in promoting family centred developmental care. It is essential for anyone with a leadership role in family centred / developmental care including:
- Neonatal nurses and midwives
- Nursery nurses
- Therapists working with neonates.
The course involves systematic observations of infants, structured evaluations of caregiving and reflective exercises with
- Introductory study day
- Course handbook and assignment workbook
- Mentors with advanced training
- Reflective diary
- Recommended reading and helpful tips
- Final seminar and assessment exercise.
Content focuses on the core themes of infant development, behavioural observation, parent participation, reflective practice, systems change and evidence based practice.
Courses are starting on the following dates:
- 14 November 2016 in Sheffield
- 24 November 2016 in London
- 8 February 2017 in London.
Please contact email@example.com for an application form. The cost is £850 per person.
Please note that all candidates must have completed the FINE Foundation Toolkit prior to starting the Level 2 Practical Skills. This course is limited to a maximum of 8 participants.