“I feel that my voluntary role at Bliss has helped my professional development and the support and advice I have been given will help enormously in my future roles.”
Bliss has an opportunity for an enthusiastic Policy and Parliamentary Volunteer Intern to join our Campaigns and Policy Team.
This is a busy and exciting time to join the team as we engage with new parliamentarians in Westminster and the devolved nations and work on high-profile policy projects on neonatal care. The successful applicant will be involved in a range of activities, supporting our policy and parliamentary work.
We are looking for a candidate who is confident in helping us to analyse evidence that we have gathered on neonatal care. The successful applicant will also be a good communicator and keen to learn about policy and/or parliamentary work in the charity sector.
You will be making a real difference to the more than 90,000 babies who are born premature or sick in the UK each year. In return for your time and commitment you will also receive:
- Expenses for your lunch and travel within Greater London
- Regular contact meetings to discuss progress against objectives and resolve any issues
- Understanding of how a charity works and how the Campaigns and Policy Team operates in particular
- Help to develop your skills and learn about campaigns, public affairs and policy tactics
- The opportunity to work on your own project
The role will be based at Bliss’ head office in London, SE1.
For details of how to apply, please see the role description. The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 13 June 2016.