Raffles are such a popular way to raise money for a good cause. With fantastic prizes to be won everyone wants to be in with a chance so read below for tips on how to make the most of your raffle.
- Contact local businesses and restaurants with information about the charity and your plans to hold a raffle.
- Think about the event and the people attending to secure appropriate prizes.
- Bliss can also provide you with a letter of verification should businesses ask for proof of your fundraising.
- Vouchers can be really popular prizes not just items.
Don’t forget to promote your raffle when you have a few prizes confirmed. This can really build excitement for your event.
- You can use cloakroom style raffle tickets.
- Use different colour tickets if selling a large quantity so that you don’t get duplicate numbers.
- Tailor the amount your raffle tickets cost depending on the event and prizes available.
- Ticket sales and the draw must take place on the same day.
- If you want to hold a longer running raffle please get in touch as you will require a licence.
- Prizes cannot be worth more than £500 whether donated or bought.
- No cash prize can be given.
- Gift Aid cannot be claimed on ticket sales.
- All tickets must be sold at the same cost with no discount for multiple purchases.
- Tickets can only be bought or sold by individuals over the age of 16.
- If you are concerned about the licensing requirements contact your local licensing authority or www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Contact the Events Team by clicking the button below or call us on 020 7378 4775. We are happy to help with holding your raffle or any other element of your event.