Bliss has taken part in World Prematurity Day for the past three years, and hopes that this year’s will be the biggest yet.
Here are some of the ways that you can get involved:
- Turn the UK purple – we are working with the charity Ickle Pickles to light as many buildings purple as possible. If you would like to contact your local landmark we can provide you with a template letter, for more information email email@example.com
- Take part in our Thunderclap and help us reach one million people with our message this World Prematurity Day.
- If you have had experience of a premature birth, share your story with us. We’d love to share it with other families and we'll add it on to our interactive map of the UK. To share, please email a brief outline of your story in 200 words or less, a photo and your postcode to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add it to the map.
- Wear purple – purple is the international colour for the day, so show your support by dressing up in your favourite purple outfit. You could also get your workplace to get involved and get everyone to dress up.
- Hold your own Little Lights Walk - These lantern-lit fundraisers will raise money for premature babies while celebrating the hope and strength of their families. We are aiming to raise £30,000 this year by holding walks across the country, so if you’d like to host a walk, tell us here or email email@example.com.
- Join us for the London Little Lights Walk – we are hosting our own Little Lights Walk in London. If you live in or around London we’d love you to join us. Click here to find out more.
- Fundraise – if you aren’t able to take part in or host a Little Lights Walk, there are a number of other ways you can fundraise for Bliss. You could hold a cake sale, do a sponsored walk, or just have a collection. Click here for fundraising ideas.
- Donate – if you can’t attend any of your local events, but would still like to donate some money and help us to reach every premature baby in the UK, you can visit our donation page.
If you do get involved with World Prematurity Day in any way, tell us what you’re doing! You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us @Blisscharity or visit our Facebook page.
Thank you for being a part of World Prematurity Day, and helping to us to reach every baby born prematurely in the UK.