Do you want to make a positive change in your local community, meet new people, and gain new skills and experience?
We are looking for Community Ambassadors to help raise awareness of Bliss’ work within schools, churches, and community centres and help to make a difference by reaching people across the UK.
Our Community Ambassadors are an important network of volunteers who help make a difference to babies born premature and sick around the country by raising awareness of Bliss’ work.
Could you volunteer? Register your interest in becoming a Bliss Community Ambassador here.
What the role involves
- Identifying and inspiring groups in your area to fundraise for Bliss through an event or collection. This will require contacting existing connections and/or self-confidence to approach new people
- Raising awareness of Bliss’ work in community groups, such as schools, rotary clubs, golf clubs and community centres and encourage their involvement in Bliss events
- Giving short talks when necessary about the work of Bliss and promoting fundraising activities
- Attending local events and cheque presentations to show Bliss' appreciation towards our fundraisers
- Encouraging local businesses/venues to display a Bliss collection tin.
Who can be a Community Ambassador?
Anyone can apply to become a Community Ambassador for Bliss whether you are a student, a parent, retired or have a full time job. However, some qualities that would help you in this role are:
- A good knowledge of your local area, particularly local community groups and businesses
- Confident communication skills with individuals and groups
- A personal connection to Bliss with a willingness to share your story
- Lots of energy and able to use your own initiative
- An enjoyment of fundraising and desire to make a difference in your community.
What Bliss can offer you
We are committed to supporting our volunteers and offer the following:
- A dedicated contact at Bliss to support you throughout your volunteer role
- Monthly newsletters keeping you up to date with our work and sharing new ways and ideas to get involved
- Plenty of materials and resources to help you fulfil your role
- Access to our Community Ambassador Facebook group where you can share ideas, experiences and receive immediate updates.
How to become a Bliss Community Ambassador
Register your interest by completing an enquiry form and if you would like more information please call us on 020 7378 4772 or email email@example.com
Bliss Community Ambassador enquiry form