Family-centred developmental care improves the experience of infants and parents during neonatal care and has the potential to enhance health and development outcomes.
This two day level 1 course, which has strong practical and interactive components, will:
• Provide a comprehensive overview of the theory, scope and evidence for family-centred developmental care
• Help you to evaluate practice
• Raise awareness of your own practice and help you to identify goals for your continuing development
The course is designed to reflect recommendations in the DOH (2009) Toolkit for High Quality Neonatal Care, and to help units work towards Bliss Family Friendly Accreditation.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for everyone working with infants and families in hospital settings, including:
• Neonatal nurses
• Medical staff
• Nursery nurses
• Health care assistants
• Paediatric nurses
• Therapists working with neonates
• Models of developmental care
• Brain development
• Observing babies
• Family participation
• Stress and pain
• Sensory environment
• Motor development and positioning
• Kangaroo care
• Early feeding experience.
The Foundation Toolkit course fee is £250 per delegate
To find out more or to book your place please contact Carol Buxton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this event is now closed.